Tuesday, April 30, 2013

jewelry post/FIL2013...

Welcome to my first jewelry post!! Except for the occasional food post, I have not really focused on topics other than fashion. If I want this blog to get off the ground, I need to expand my horizons. So, here we go! Hold onto your diamonds.
 
My mom ordered me this lovely art deco moth necklace recently from the Etsy shop Uncommon Folk. She had already gotten one for herself, and upon seeing it I had to get one too! The picture does not do it justice, as this necklace shines like the top of the Chrysler Building (ten points to Gryffindor if you get my reference).
 

I have been neglecting the blog! Eek! With good reason, because this past week was Festival International de Louisiane 2013, as if you didn't know. Below are some (yes, I bought more than two pieces, I really have a problem) of the jewels I bought this year! I try to get something from the festival every year because the selection is always so unique!


Above is my new LSU necklace! I mean, I work there and all, I guess I should represent. The LSU part is bronze and I am not sure if the pearl is legit or mother of pearl or whatever (gemstone enthusiast I am not). I got this necklace from the same booth with the lady who makes those ceramic replicas of famous landmarks around Lafayette, Baton Rouge, and New Orleans. I have no idea what the name of her business is and she didn't give me her card, but I really like her aesthetic.


Here we have some earrings I got at festival by a vendor called Mimosa. Don't these rule?? I was drawn to them because they look like the planet Jupiter, and also a beach with a setting sun at the same time. Planets and beaches are both awesome, so I love that these little objects have the power to let my imagination wander. I actually had a larger pair of these in my hand, but they were a little expensive, even for a bottomless wallet holder like myself (NOT). Then, luckily, I happened upon the same design in stud form (earring lingo) that were closer to my price range. Score!

 
Festival was SO amazing this year! I actually made it out downtown every day but Wednesday, which made sense because I was still in BR at the time. When I got home from festival Saturday night, I was like, no way am I going tomorrow, because I was so exhausted. Then Sunday came and I was like...I wanna go back! So I did! I am still on a high from the whole experience I believe. I think the best part about it is how much fun everyone is having, and also running into old friends.
 
I was able to see some great bands! In the photo above is Feufollet. Others I enjoyed were Brass Bed, The Sharecroppers, Sunny Duval, and Royal Teeth. Sunny Duval, from Quebec, in addition to rocking out, was hilarious, in that way that only people who don't quite speak English properly can be. I also ate lots of great food, I forgot to take pictures of the food though. I was able to eat crawfish etouffee (my absolute favorite meal of all time) every day that I went to the festival. That must be some kind of record, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...