Tuesday, April 16, 2013

pinstripe wizard...

 
courtesy: MOVI Inc./Splash News, by way of my E! app

So...remember how I said that I was having trouble putting outfits together? Well, why not take my own advice and use a celeb inspiration photo?? I will be doing this often (so get excited and inspired), but the biggest problem I have with celeb photos is they are most often in street clothes and not work clothes, so it's difficult to copy what they are wearing when I'm getting ready for work. Salma Hayek, however, came through in the clutch and decided to wear dark jeans at the airport, which easily translate to dark work pants for me.


striped top: Forever 21
thrifted pinstripe pants: Banana Republic
 
Voila!! I had a white and black striped shirt, and some newly acquired dark blue pinstriped pants. I also wore a dark blue blazer like Salma, but I had trouble taking a picture with it on that was up to my standards, so I guess you guys will have to use your imagination. I promise, you have this outfit in your own closet, you just have to get creative!
 
If you don't have these pieces, this would be a good place to start making a list. A shirt like this is definitely a staple to a well-rounded wardrobe, so I suggest getting one for yourself. The best part is that I was able to tweak what she wore to match my own style, which is the whole point of all of this, really. If you ever get stuck on what to wear, celeb photos are a helpful way to go as I've said in the past.


steak quesadillas: Caliente
 
My coworkers and I are always looking for new places to eat. Caliente across from Mike Anderson's gets you great food for a good price! They have different lunch specials every day. I ordered the steak quesadillas. Delicious! One thing I like is that they butter their tortillas. Who wouldn't love that, right? It adds a little something to the flavor, and to your waistline! Haha.


Finally, a bean plant update! Jeez! They are growing fast. I should have included this in the "It's not easy being green" post for obvious reasons. This plant is getting super pretty, right?

3 comments:

  1. Pretty bean plant! You must have a green thumb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adrienne: No, I totally do not! I have killed many plants! Apparently beans are easy to grow, so it might seem like I have a green thumb!

    Patti: Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...